Get a babysitter at Walt Disney World
|November 10, 2012||Posted by Amanda Saye under Planning||
So you and your honey want a night on the town a la Disney World and need a place to park the kiddos. Never fear, Disney has several babysitting options to choose from:
Children’s Activity Centers
Several of the deluxe resorts have centers available for kids who are potty trained and ages 3-12. The Children’s Activity Centers are generally open from late afternoon until midnight to allow parents to drop their kids off and hit the “town”. The cost is around $12 and there is a 2 hour minimum. Many times, the centers are open and available during the day for all kids including younger kids to play with a parent. At these centers, the kids watch movies, play games, do arts and crafts, and just generally have a great time.
Here are the centers:
- Simba’s Cubhouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight
- Never Land Club at Disney’s Polynesian Resort is open daily from 4:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Cub’s Den at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight
- Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Beach Club Resort is open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Camp Dolphin at Walt Disney World Dolphin and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel: open daily from 5:30 p.m. to midnight.
Reservations are highly recommended.
Private Baby Sitters
Kids Nite Out has contracted with Disney to be the main provider of private babysitter. We’ve done this and it was a great experience. The sitter provides care in your hotel room for a fee of somewhere between $16-24 hourly with a 2 hour minimum. A gratuity is also appreciated. The sitter arrives prepared with age appropriate activities like games, toys, books, and other activities for kids 6 weeks to 12 years.
Advanced reservations are recommended and they can book 3 months in advance.